Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Lace Skirt in a Weird Company.


Skirt: Aeropostale
Parka: Next
Hoodie: J Crew
Tights: Calzedonia
Boots: Seychelles
Necklaces: Mexx and Monet
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

Lipstick: Dior 999
When in a weird mood I love to reach for weird contrasts in my outfits. And one of the last warm autumn days was a perfect opportunity. The combination of a lace skirt and a military parka has become a classic over the last years, and I LOVE it. I already featured them in this post and named them as my basic items of clothing. But for today's post I wanted to add something interesting and unexpected underneath, so I reached for a sweat hoodie. 

This is a good example how a casual outfit can be spiced up and turned from boring to stylish by replacing just one item. Let's imagine a pair of blue jeans instead of a lace skirt here. Not that I don't like blue jeans - I do! - but they are something I see people wearing the most in casual outfits, and they look BORING. This is why I am so strongly against this classic "basic items lists" - take anything from it and you'll either look boring, or you'll need  something spectacular to accompany those items with. 

Here, on the other hand, you need just a lace mini skirt to make an interesting casual outfit with such plain clothes as a hoodie and a parka. What does this mean? Take that list and cross out the blue jeans, and put a lace mini skirt in instead!




No comments:

Post a Comment