Friday, August 29, 2014

Missing My Office Life.


Blazer: Silvian Heach
Pants: Juicy Couture
Shirt: J Crew
Shoes: Gabor
Bag: Michael Kors
Watch: Juicy Couture

Makeup:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup in 1W2 Linen 14
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ebony
Dior Couture Lipstick in 999
OPI Nail Laquer in Mod About You (though not visible in these pictures)

My office life and my carreer ended 6 years ago. It was supposed to be a maternity leave,  but my son's difficult birth and his diagnosis changed my path forever. I made peace with that and I do enjoy my present life. Though, sometimes, when I miss that feeling of a cool working girl, I can just put on a blazer.

After I stopped going to work, suits and blazers have almost dissappeared from my wardrobe. I did pretty well pulling off those work outfits! But now it is really difficult for me to style that blazer. They look so cool on models and bloggers, and people in the street, but not on me! So the today's outfit is sort of a beginning of learning for me. I first planned this outfit with khaki shorts, but the weather was too cold for bare legs. So I started looking for something closest to shorts, and khaki chino pants were the obvious choice.

And as for the shirt under the blazer, I decided to do the "safest" option - the trustworthy striped shirt. The same principle applies to the shoes: when I don't know which shoes to pick, I reach for these nude heeled loafers!

I have also recently received my late birthday present - the Juicy Couture Rich Girl Watch. Of course, I am now wearing them non-stop, but there is no better addition to the blazer and the career-inspired look, isn't it?

The Red Lipstick I am wearing here is also my recent purchase (I got a bunch of beauty samples which I am going to make a separate post about very soon). This one is Dior Rouge 999, the one I was dying to try, and I do love it! But I will save a complete review for a makew-up post!








No comments:

Post a Comment